Beardie Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffinNC

For the past couple months my beardie has been acting stranger. Started in Sept with just getting lazier and stopped eating his crickets. He's roughly 10-11 months old now and had become increasingly lethargic. When he stopped with crickets I tried a few other things. He has yet to ever eat any salad regularly. Once in awhile I may see a single piece of greens missing. He alternates between being in his cave on the hot side in the day and move to under a log on the cool side in the evenings.

Best I can manage now days is getting superworms into him. Which I have limited to 4-5/day, it's about the only thing that will bring him out of the cave since about mid-october. He's roughly 18.5" currently. It's been about 2.5-3 weeks since the last time he's had a bowel movement though and it's starting to concern me as well. Past few days I've been soaking him in warm baths 90-95 degrees each evening for 5-10 minutes. That is about as long as I can get him to stay in there before he gets anxious and start climbing and scratching his way out. Any advice would be really helpful. I'm going to try a little canned pumpkin shortly just to get food in him.

All his lights have been replaced with new bulbs and I use a Reptisun 10.0 HO for UVB in his cage. Temps are running 100+ on hot side basking spot.

Thanks

GriffinNC

Original Poster
I was thinking that too, but he doesn't really sleep. He's quite awake and just watching out from his caves. I'm also concerned about the fact he hasn't had a bowel movement in a few weeks even though he still is eating his super worms. I pulled him out lastnight and got a little bit of canned pumpkin and a few drops of olive into him. Going to give another bath shortly.

What's a good bath temp for them?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I suggest keeping track of his weight to ensure it's remaining fairly stable as it should during brumation. When I draw bath water for them I run the water over the inside of my wrist and it should feel just a bit warm.

kayenzed

Could be impacted if hes had no bowel movements for a long time. If he has lumps in his tummy you should monitor their size and position over a few days. A good way to check for impaction is to gently squeeze around his belly, index finger on his underside and thumb on his back (usually down the left side if you're looking down on him). But dont do it straight after eating because of course there will be lumps! :) oil and pure applesauce can help movements as well as massages in the bath. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom