Beardie Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a little beardie she is about 8 inches (phoenix) last week and I am concerned about the looks of her feces and I also want to know if I have the proper setup.
I feed her crickets 3 times a day as many as she can eat and I dust the food once every day One day with d3 and the other day without d3 free calcium and once a week multivitamin , I also feed her salads with red peppers and mustard greens and carrots. The basking area is about 100 to 110F and the cool is 85 to 90.
Imgs
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/20980/full
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/20989/full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have done a great job --- welcome --- I would however get a digital probe thermometer for actual basking temps - your getting a ambient temp w/ the stick on --- you need to take the digital probe and place it for 10 minutes where she sits --- her poop looks good - is she eating salads ? I would start dusting her bugs 5 x per week w/ the calcium D3 and vitamins 2 x per week -- also the UVB is a T 8 and what brand of bulb ? Reptisun?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure about the UVB bulb have not heard about them but since it's a T 8 next time you change it out get the Reptisun 10.0 bulb - 6 months they need to be replaced- these bulbs are supposed to be best on the market- as far as basking I would go w/ the rock or piece of decor that offers a heat gradient - hammocks are hard to get a accurate basking temp--- PetSmart has some really good decor for gradient heat-- it offers them different places to sit different temps- you can look on line-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom