Beardie has stuck poo in vent

I was holding my beardie today and noticed that inside his vent there is a little stuck poo sticking out. He is a full grown adult male and doesn’t poop very often (everything is fine that’s just how he is) I know I shouldn’t pull it out, so I tried soaking him in warm water and gently rubbing it with a qtip and couldn’t get it to come out. Should I leave it until he poops again? I also gave him some I unsweetened applesauce today to hopefully try and get him to go sooner. You can’t see the poo unless you spread the vent a little. He last pooped probably two weeks ago so that means it’s been Stuck there since. I remember his last poop was huge and he ended up walking through it and he was a mess… but I cleaned him off and thought everything was fine. Again, my question is should I leave it be and keep giving him prunes/applesauce until he goes again or do something about it now? His vent doesn’t appear swollen or irritated he does however get angry when I try and clean it off but I’m sure that’s normal. (He’s a beardie that prefers to not be touched or bothered hah)

Heat is fine (hot and cool side with basking area)
Uvb used: Arcadia pro 12% strip
Calcium used: Arcadia calcium pro with MG
multivitamin used: Arcadia multivitamin with D3
Diet: gut loaded dubia, nutrigrubs, hornworms casually
Not great at greens but will give him smoothies weekly that he will typically have a little. (Offer him salads daily)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Keep up with the prunes and unsweetened applesauce. A warmer than usual bath can help as well but most likely the applesauce + prunes will act as a natural laxative.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom