Beardie has mbd and no appetite please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little worried about my dragon. He isn’t eating right. I have only had him for 9 days, he had a few days when he was eating good in his old tank but I just moved him into a 55 gallon with the correct lighting yesterday and when he first went in there he was very active moving a lot and now today he is way more lazy, kind of staying in one spot after he gets under his basking light. When the basking light is off he is moving around more. Unfortunately the power went out for 45 minutes today and he was moving around like crazy. Now that the power is back on he is just lazily sitting on his basking spot. He hasn’t eaten much since i moved him into his new tank under new lights. I have the reptisun 10.0 t5 ho uvb bulb about 12.5in from his basking spot. Temps on the hot side are 95-103 and the cold side 80-85. At night under the Che is temps are 78 at the most 82. On the other side it’s 68-73 degrees. If I don’t run the Che temps at night run below 65. I’m worried about him. He was surrendered to petco because someone found him on the side of the road. He was showing signs of mbd and for the first 7 days I had him he was under a t8 uvb. (petco sold me all the wrong lighting and after research and talking to people on this wonderful website I got his temps, calcium, salad, lights, everything to where it needs to be. I have seen an improvement since I first got him but today it seems like he fell a couple steps back. Is this normal? Is he stressed and not eating because of being moved for a 3rd time In a matter of 2 weeks? How can I get him to eat? I’ve offered crickets, dubias, butter worms. And bsfl. I can get him to eat like 1 cricket maybe 3 butterworms but that’s it. And today he won’t even touch the crickets or butter worms he only ate 1 butterworm this morning. I have offered him crickets, dubias, bsfl, and butterworms in his old tank because his new tank is such a pain in the butt to fish live feeders out and they hide from him or are too quick and he gets frustrated and gives up. He also hasn’t drank much water unless we lightly mist him and he licks it off his nose. Can someone help please? Also petco told me a vet looked him over and said he was fine but I’m also not believing it.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Dreamaliens":5h8ypc5k said:
I’m a little worried about my dragon. He isn’t eating right. I have only had him for 9 days, he had a few days when he was eating good in his old tank but I just moved him into a 55 gallon with the correct lighting yesterday and when he first went in there he was very active moving a lot and now today he is way more lazy, kind of staying in one spot after he gets under his basking light. When the basking light is off he is moving around more. Unfortunately the power went out for 45 minutes today and he was moving around like crazy. Now that the power is back on he is just lazily sitting on his basking spot. He hasn’t eaten much since i moved him into his new tank under new lights. I have the reptisun 10.0 t5 ho uvb bulb about 12.5in from his basking spot. Temps on the hot side are 95-103 and the cold side 80-85. At night under the Che is temps are 78 at the most 82. On the other side it’s 68-73 degrees. If I don’t run the Che temps at night run below 65. I’m worried about him. He was surrendered to petco because someone found him on the side of the road. He was showing signs of mbd and for the first 7 days I had him he was under a t8 uvb. (petco sold me all the wrong lighting and after research and talking to people on this wonderful website I got his temps, calcium, salad, lights, everything to where it needs to be. I have seen an improvement since I first got him but today it seems like he fell a couple steps back. Is this normal? Is he stressed and not eating because of being moved for a 3rd time In a matter of 2 weeks? How can I get him to eat? I’ve offered crickets, dubias, butter worms. And bsfl. I can get him to eat like 1 cricket maybe 3 butterworms but that’s it. And today he won’t even touch the crickets or butter worms he only ate 1 butterworm this morning. I have offered him crickets, dubias, bsfl, and butterworms in his old tank because his new tank is such a pain in the butt to fish live feeders out and they hide from him or are too quick and he gets frustrated and gives up. He also hasn’t drank much water unless we lightly mist him and he licks it off his nose. Can someone help please? Also petco told me a vet looked him over and said he was fine but I’m also not believing it.
Its most likely relocation stress is anything in the cage different? Relocation stress can happen even when you just change things

Dreamaliens

Original Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":60qtvgui said:
Dreamaliens":60qtvgui said:
Its most likely relocation stress is anything in the cage different? Relocation stress can happen even when you just change things
yes, we changed everything around. I made him a background and colored him some pictures, he's got a bigger tank, different lights, new substrate, and decor. I am obviously a new beardie owner and don't want to lose him or screw anything up or make him worse. I have been doing research and reading forums since I got him I literally fall asleep reading articles and have even dreamt about what I was researching because it's all I've done since I've gotten him. I want everything to be perfect and maybe I sound a little crazy but Petco told me all the wrong info and things he eats to his lighting and so I couldn't trust their info since I found so many flaws in what they told me. I may also be a little paranoid because I know he has mbd and am a little extra cautious of my little buddy Phoenix is his name. Thanks so much for replying and helping my anxiety rest a little lol. When they have mbd should you limit your interactions with them or does it not really matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom