Beardie has coccidia, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleothebeardie

I got the results back from my beardie's fecal check... pinworms and coccidia.

They prescribed tmp/smz of which I'm supposed to give 0.03 ml of by mouth once a day for two days, and then every other day for the next 21 days. Then, I will do another fecal check and see if it's all cleared.

I was just wondering what I should know from beardie owners whose beardies have had this before? Are there any changes in eating or pooping frequency? Do you still feed them the same foods? How should I keep the enclosure, the same or should I provide mine with more space? And should I wash the enclosure, considering I need to get rid of that bacteria?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I know with coccidia it's best to remove everything from the cage and soak it in the cleaning solution from bd.co and bake what can bake safely. And until they are cured you use paper towels as substrate and clean after every poo with the pink stuff from bd.co. That's what I heard, hope it helps!

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I agree w/ the last poster.. the enclosure needs to cleaned each day.. I've battled these parasites w/ one dragon that was resistant to 3 different meds and is not fun.. I have done disposable furniture from my property which makes it easier to have one log baked and ready to go when you remove the replacement.. use paper towels.. if you have or can borrow/buy a handheld steam cleaner that is the best way to go.. were the counts high for the coocidia/pinnies or..?? Good luck w/ wiping out the yuckies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom