Beardie has a swollen neck?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 days ago on Friday night my beardie Moe randomly vomited a few pieces of butternut squash, a bit of green, and what looked like pieces of dubia. Ever since then he hasn't eaten except 2 small dubia yesterday, he's rather lethargic although he's never been very active, swollen neck, and he shows no interest in anything. I've bathed him twice since then, made sure his temps were good, and taken him out for extra cuddle time with me.

I've only had him a few months. He is 14 months old, and he was never given proper food before we got him. He was only given dry Flukers with the occasional wet pink looking bites that go in the ice box. Since I've had him he gets dubia and supers and has had crickets a few times with reptiworms and butterworms once in awhile as treats. He gets a daily mix of collards, mustard, and kale with dandelion greens when I see them. He also gets random veggies that I swap around the orange bellpepper, butternut squash, summer squash, and a bit of apple or mango or banana now and again as a treat.

He is in a 40 gallon 18x18x36 tank with an 18" ReptiSun 10.0 across the side of his tank where his food is and a 100w clear GE house bulb in a silver clamping worklamp on the basking side. His basking side is between 98 and 103 degrees depending on where his light hits, and his cool side is 79ish within a degree or two.

His insects are dusted with calcium and multivitamins 3 times a week.

81835-227198783.jpg
81835-1402421464.jpg

81835-227198783.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....Moe is a nice looking boy, I hope everything will turn out O.K. His diet + temps sound good but like you said his previous care was really lacking. At least he doesn't show signs of MBD, although his calcium + other nutrient levels may be off. Sometimes they just develop + keep a saggy neck, but it can also be related to health issues. Supplements can cause such issues at times, cut back the vitamins to only 1X a week , just a very light powder and the calcium can stay the same but also only a light sprinkle. Does he drink in the bath ? If not, offer extra water via syringe/eyedropper or gently dripping/spraying on his snout with a spray bottle. You can drip/spray for a few seconds, wait + repeat until he [ hopefully ] drinks. Wipe up any excess water. If he continues to act ill + vomits again you might want to seek out an experienced reptile vet for a blood test as a last resort. Hopefully it will be a passing thing though. It's good that he at least ate a bite ....be sure to offer such greens as turnip. mustard, collard, dandelion + arugula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom