Beardie going crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nove2112

My 6-month bearded dragon has been acting so weird. He is shedding and going crazy. He is running EVERYWHERE and glass surfing and scratching the glass trying to climb up it, he has lived in his cage for 4 months. I have no idea what his problem is. Everything else is fine eating poops fine urates are white. Please help.

Edit- I believe he is starting to hurt himself bumping his nose on the glass really don't know what to do.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he has hit possibly hit beardie puberty! This happens pretty often around that age.
Have you changed anything in or around his tank, that could be stressing him out any?
You could try covering 2 or 3 of the sides of his tank, to try & calm him down if he's seeing his
reflection in the glass. A lot of times, when they see themselves in a mirror, etc, they will start
bobbing or black bearding.
Is his chin looking banged up at all?
Have you double checked the temperatures in the tank to be sure they are optimal & not too hot?

Tracie

Nove2112

Original Poster
Really wow! He does seem to have a black beard when he does this his chin looks a little discolored. There is nothing new in his tank. His temperatures are 102-107 ambient is 83.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom