Beardie fell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahorn77

My girlfreind let my dragon out of her cage and wasnt watching her. The dragon fell through the stairs down to the basement floor which is carpeted (about 8 feet). I cant leave work to take her to the vet, what should i look for until i can take her to the vet.

Thanks in advance for the help

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Sorry no one has replied to your post. How is your beardie doing since the fall?
Have you notied anything out of the ordinary, like limping, black beard, lethargy, etc... since the accident?
Did you take her to a vet?
Let us know how she is doing.

ahorn77

Original Poster
Thanks for the concern I was very worried it was a long fall.
She is fine. She is running around and acting like herself, eating, sunbathing, and active. no limping, nothing out of the ordinary. I checked all her limbs and felt around her body and i couldnt feel anything. Xena didnt seem to mind it at all. I called the vet and after talking with me the vet didnt think that i needed to bring her in. The vet told me if she had any serious internal injuries that i would be able to tell, and that Xena wouldnt want to eat.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I am glad to hear that she is okay. Sometimes beardies fall and have no problems at all and other times they can be injured. It's good to know this was not the case for your Xena. :D

My bearded dragon ran off my table a good 5 feet. I looked it up and they actually have good strong bones my vet said they puff their stomachs up to kind of slow them down. But he just kept running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom