Beardie Eye Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlenred1

Our beardie developed a problem with her eye. It looks like it turned light green and it's bulging a bit. I took her to the vet and she thought either there's a large ulcer on her cornea (treatable) but it could have been a ruptured eye (they'd have to remove the eye). Currently, they are treating her for an ulcer to see it responds.

Has anybody had this happen to their beardie? I've never heard of such a thing before
101201-5885821516.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My first rescued wild skink had an injured eye ( he'd been bitten or clawed in the eye ) , looked very similar to your dragon , he lost the eye ….

Antibiotics to prevent blood poisoning , and pain relief are necessary.

if it's an abscess …. it needs to watched very closely as the abscess can get into the bone in the eyesocket …. very bad …. and it becomes major surgery to removed all involved tissues and bone ….
Better off debriding the infected eye tissues now than waiting .
I see he's sporting a blackbeard , so it's really worrying him.

Make sure there are no structures in his tank that have sharp edges, he's likely thrash his head about in irritation and rupture the eye by hitting it against something he can not see …. This happened to my Puff when he had a swollen eye associated with an large aneurism on his jugular.

Darlenred1

Original Poster
Thanks for your advice! Her eye looks a bit better today. I can actually see a pupil now and I can see her eye muscles moving around her eye - like she can actually see and is looking at me. I'm cautiously optimistic that it's an ulcer and it's shrinking. Time will tell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom