Beardie doesn't want to keep his eyes open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiqueGem

Hello All,

I'm concerned that my beardie isn't liking the new light that I bought him last weekend. I know that there are some that can cause eye irritation and that's what I'm worried about. Pheniox doesn't want to keep his eyes open for very long. So far I haven't seen this one one the list but has anyone heard anything about them? He looks healthy and there's no viable problem with his eyes.

He looks healthy to me... :!: (Was taken 15 minutes ago)
Pheniox013.jpg

His tank with both the day and night lights on
Pheniox011.jpg

His tank with just the night light on
Pheniox012.jpg

This is the light that I bought for him (R-Zilla Desert Series Halogen/Fluorescent Combo Fixture)
Halogen-FluorescentComboFixture.jpg

There is one 36" T5 Desert 50 Bulb (Fluorescent)
Two Night Red Heat Halogen Bulbs
Two Day Blue Light Halogen Bulbs

I believe all the bulbs are 50watt, is this to high? Should I go to 25? Any input would be great. I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not.

Thank You

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
I'm not sure about that type of light, but they shouldn't have any lights on at night, this could be irritating his sleeping patterns. If his tank drops below 65F at night, you can get a ceremic heater - this gives off heat but no light, but if it stays above 65F at night, you don't need to worry, he will be fine, they need to get cold at night, to know that it's night time.

You could be right about the bulb though, it could be causing irritation to his eyes. I suggest you PM Drache613, Tracie is an expert on bulbs!

Let us know the outcome!

Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom