Beardie doesnt want to get up in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

writejenn

I got my 6 month old female beardie a new hide as she is growing like a weed.
http://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Reptile-Extra-Large/dp/B0002AR5BA
this is what i got her.
she really seems to like it, but the problem is is now she is not getting up in the mornings. i have been pulling her out by 10:30/11 if shes not out, i think she would come out a bit after noon if i left her
do you think this is a problem? should i just let her sleep in til shes ready to get out, even if its late? when i lift the hide up at get her, she is cool and appears like i have just woken her, do you think the hide may just be too much? she is cool and appears like i have just woken her when i eventually pull the hide off to get her out.
she is n a 40 gallon breeder tank with an 18 inch reptisun 10.0 uvb and 100 watt basking bulb, temps around 101 at the hottest part of her basking spot, any higher and she moves to the side. She eats phoenix worms, a few small superworms and silkworms, shes given up on crickets. and i dust her veggies with calcium and vitamins, she loves her salad and gives her bugs the stink eye and wont eat them if whey are dusted. She gets baths twice a week and poops every day at the same time/same spot

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
What are your night time temps in the hide? It's possible she is just slow to wake because she is slow to warm up. I've been getting Pepper up and putting him on his basking spot some mornings this winter, if he goes back to bed I let him, but usually he sprawls right out to bask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom