Beardie Died...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter94

My female beardie passed away last night and I'm trying to figure out if she really died or not. And I didn't bury her alive, I'm really scared about this. =(

I seen her open her mouth like a yawn/gasp before she died and my dad said she was cold and didn't even move at all and her eyes were open. Does this sound like death to you? Please I really need an answer.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
I am so sorry to hear about this.

Does she have any movement in her throat? Are the lights still on in the cage and does she feel rigid?

Again, my heart goes out to you right now... :(

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Beardie ER]

Does her eyes move? If you touched her eyelids, does she respond? If you picked her up, does she grab on to you? Does her sides, right under her armpits, move in and out?
If you answered no to all of the above, unfortunately, I'd have to say that she had passed on.

hunter94

Original Poster
Goonie":2rkawsjz said:
[Moved from General to Beardie ER]

Does her eyes move? If you touched her eyelids, does she respond? If you picked her up, does she grab on to you? Does her sides, right under her armpits, move in and out?
If you answered no to all of the above, unfortunately, I'd have to say that she had passed on.
Well I personally didn't pick her up and when my dad pushed her head up with his finger it just dropped down she was also very bloated. I'm pretty sure she was dead I just wan't a second opinion cause it scares me to think she was buried alive.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I'm so sorry, I just lost one of mine this week to.

I think if your dad said she was dead, then she was. A dead animal feels different. It's not really something you can put into words. You just sense it. You feel that emptiness inside. You don't mistake it.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm just starting to get out of my denial stage myself.

hunter94

Original Poster
ziggy23":2hse8lgt said:

I think if your dad said she was dead, then she was. A dead animal feels different. It's not really something you can put into words. You just sense it. You feel that emptiness inside. You don't mistake it.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm just starting to get out of my denial stage myself.
Yea, I get what you mean but I heard its really hard to tell if a beardie died or not. I'm starting to feel better about it, its just a terrible feeling. =/

ziggy23":3fezqf0w said:

Ya when my dog died we were rushing to the vet and I was holding her crying hoping she was alive but deep down i had this feeling, like a sense that I knew she was dead. :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom