beardie colors/urate questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchy217

hey everyone. I got a new baby dragon a couple weeks ago and shes doing great, except I left this weekend for a couple days, and when i came back her colors seemed a lot duller...i can barely see any red right now. she doesnt seem to be acting any different, but the colors are kind of freaking me out and I was just wondering is theres anything im doing wrong. Also, I havent been around when shes had bowel movements, but every time ive found some the urates seem really hard and dehydrated. I tried giving her a bath and have been spraying her a lot. I also have a bowl of sanding water in there (although i dont think she uses it too much) could it just be that the urates are just drying out before i get there? I dont know if these problems are related (or if the urates thing is even a problem or just poor timing). any help would be great.

shes currently about 2+ months old (6.5-ish inches)

My setup:
20 gal long
reptiglo 10.0 going the whole length of the cage thats only been used for 3 weeks
100w incandescent for basking
repti carpet substrate
hot side: 84 f
cool side: 72 f
basking spot: 101 f

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
It could just be that she's about to shed, but their colors will sometimes morph like a chameleons depending on mood.

lynchy217

Original Poster
yea i was hoping it was shedding. i noticed it on sunday...and i noticed today she wasnt as hungry...maybe shes shedding soon? she has also grown almost an inch since i got her and has not shed yet...I guess ill wait a few days...but she also definitely is not in shed...do they get dull before they actually go into shed? also is there anything else that would cause their colors to become dull like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom