beardie belly is hanging down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
hi everyone its me again i have a problem my bearded dragon is 2 months old and 7 inches and his belly is like hanging like he gain alot of weight in stomach his arms and legs and stuff are still the same but his belly is hanging anyone know whats going on? also he puffs up all the time under the basking spot is that normal? thank you :)

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":2p16rwhj said:
Does he look bloated, or did he just eat a lot? Can you post some pics?
man i really wish i had a camera :( :( but i dont feed him that much i only give him 5 medium silkworms a day and he still looks like his belly is hanging down everyday kind of bloated

Jess

Extreme Poster
Do you have a camera on your phone or anything?
Since baby beardies don't store much fat on the rest of their body, their tummies can look a little disproportionate sometimes. Is he going to the bathroom regularly?

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":2708hp39 said:
Do you have a camera on your phone or anything?
Since baby beardies don't store much fat on the rest of their body, their tummies can look a little disproportionate sometimes. Is he going to the bathroom regularly?
i have a camera on my phone but i dont have a usb cord for it and i cant send pictures cuz i dont have internet on it :( but yea he's going to the bathroom everyday and his poop looks real normal and perfect and he is not showing any signs of illness or anything either

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
If anything, it sounds to me like your baby isn't eating ENOUGH. Babies should eat as much as they can in a 10 minute period. All 3 of mine will 'drop' their bellies sometimes...like they are all nice and relaxed

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
mickeysmomma":3kkadzyq said:
If anything, it sounds to me like your baby isn't eating ENOUGH. Babies should eat as much as they can in a 10 minute period. All 3 of mine will 'drop' their bellies sometimes...like they are all nice and relaxed
oh he's eating tho he eats he's greens everyday too and if you let them eat as much as they can they can gorge there selfs atleast thats what some people i talked to said even someone on this post said its ok to feed them 5 medium silkworms a day but if i get a picture of him ima show you how he looks hopefully when i get a camera he is getting fat thats what i think maybe :lol:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Do you have texting? You can text pictures to your email or Photobucket. I don't have phone internet either, so that's what I do. :)

yh my little female BD is getting a big belly, i feel around her stomach to make sure theres nothing blocked or not moving in there. if you try just feeling around softly you can feel the food on the left side of there stomachs, just make sure its all moving well and theres nothing blocking you BD and it should be ok but if theres any problems you should proberly go the vets to make sure it don't sound like anythings wrong thou. :D

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":35xg3nu6 said:
Do you have texting? You can text pictures to your email or Photobucket. I don't have phone internet either, so that's what I do. :)
yea i have texting and it still dont work :( i think i need internet for that too gosh i hate this phone :banghead: ima see if i can use someone elses phone i dont think my mother have texting on her phone but i thought i saw she had internet on her phone one day ima ask her and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom