Beardie Bed - Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
I am gauging interest in a possible project that some people have talked about on here, but I have yet to see any pictures of it.

I am going to start building Beardie Beds and offering them for sale with a multitude of colors and 2 to 3 sizes. The colors would be of the fabric, and wood stains or paint colors. Sizes would be for adult dragons of average to above average size. Top section would be a hammock and bottom would be stretched tight unless otherwise specified. I am still working on a price point on these and would like to hear anyone's feedback.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK OR SUGGESTIONS.

Here is my prototype I am testing with my 16" long female.

img1978y.jpg

img1979t.jpg

Infowars

saleen89559":hxyn36xx said:
Im not giving away all my secrets for my potential product LOL
Sure thing,
My Dad was telling me they were 2x4s, he builds furniture for a hobby.
To me they look smaller, I was more curious to prove him wrong for once :twisted: .
Our beardie sleeps in our bed, other wise I would have my Pop throw something together.
between the canopy bed , dresser and the TV stand he made over the last couple months for my Daughter, he would be done and out of his shop in 15 mins.
But Thanks

(BTW if someone wanted one they might be interested in the size and sturdiness of the material)

saleen89559

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Like I said, its a prototype. I intend on making furniture grade finished products as well as natural looking ones as well. I have been thinking about making some out of hard coated foam like some of the basking rocks on here, then adding wood dowels to connect them like a bed frame and putting fabric on that to make it like a hammock type bed. In fact, maybe make a basking rock platform with a hammock type bed under it too. Lots of ideas out there.

You can tell your dad, I promise they aren't 2x4's cuz if my female beardie was that big, i'd have the world record.

usafvet98

Could I add my two cents?.... I would suggest for the actual product to do either mortise and tenon joints or use pocket holes. I would do this for multiple reason but the main reasons are for stability and aesthetics. Most of today's fine furniture are made using these these styles.

Other than that, I think its a great idea. If you build it, they will buy! :D

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Infowars":3xoeoxku said:
that looks great lol
I cant tell by pic are they 2"x4"s or 1"x2"s ?

They're not 2x4s. I can tell because the screws look huge.

Great idea and simple to DIY. I might make one for my baby. My only question is how do you take the carpet off to clean it? Sammy will sometimes poop where he sleeps lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom