Beardie Bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunoboy

I can't tell you how good it is to give your beardie the occasional warm bath. bruno just finished his and shortly after I took him out he did a healthy huge poo. ew, I know that sounds gross...... :puke: ....it's really good for him.

peace. :D

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
We give ours baths several times a week. They too love them, the female just flatens out and I swear you can hear her sigh lol it helps a ton for hydration and for shedding. No wonder just think how great a nice warm bath feels to us :)

brunoboy

Original Poster
It's so cute because when I first slowly submerge bruno he tries to jump out----but then gets all relaxed and settles into the warm water. :blob5:

Julie77

Hatchling Member
I do my best to bathe Sonic and Shadow Daily.. Sonic LOVES her bath cause it means she gets to POOP! LOL.. She holds it and starts running around her tank to tell me its time to go!! LOL.. Shadow is getting better.. He is calmer when I take him out of his tank now but will still try to JUMP out of the water when he is first put in.. Then settles down. once he goes potty though.. GET ME OUTTA HERE!! LOL

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Baths are a ton of fun. :D Well, for me. Leto is starting to enjoy them more. Ghanima, on the other hand, still hates them. When I put her in, she panics and swims over to me, with a facial expression of, "Mommy!!!!! Mommy!!! Get me outta here! I don' wanna drown! Heeeeelp!" I have to give her my hand to hold on to during the bath. :p Silly girl.

Mine have only pooped in the bath once. They've litter-trained themselves, and they almost exclusively poop in one spot in their tank.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
OHHH yes, we beardie owners are all obsessed with poo! :lol: I love to give my beardie a bath and find a nice healthy poo floating in his tub

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Gizmo much prefers showers! silly i know! she lifts her head right up till shes standing on her tip toes (kinda) closes her eyes and inches closer and closre until she gets the stream of water on her head, she jumps away, then tries again! lol silly dragon!

We gave our Rico his first bath last night and I am not to sure if he liked it. He was running around and trying to climb out. So I have a question for you bathers. What do you give your BD a bath in? We gave ours a bath in the sink I filled it up just a little so he could walk around and his head a back still stuck out of the water. Also how long do you leave them in there for? He was in for like 5 mins cause he was breathing heavy and trying to climb the walls. Just a little note about Rico. He is still a baby probably 3-4 months old. And I see you all say that they poop after wards he did not but that could because he wasn't in there very long.

Thanks

JubJubLizard

Hatchling Member
Ahhh..... just a baby :) When we started bathing our beardies they did exactly what Rico is doing. They just were not quite sure.So their baths in the beginning were quite short. The vet suggested to us 2-3 times a week and for about 15 minutes. As they have gotten older they enjoy them now. Jub Jub our female just melts :) We use to bath them in a hospital wash pan, once they out grew it they moved to our spare bathtub. Ours have never pooped while bathing. Also I always stay right with them while bathing. The male always keeps his head up but the females head slowly drops as she gets more comfortable so I prop it up with my finger (yes they are spoiled ;) ) We have had them for 14 months and they have never had any problem with shedding, hydration or with pooping regularly and according to the vet the bathing helps with all of these. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom