Beardie ate Leaf Bug ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk263

I just opened the door to my porch and a Leaf Bug came hopping in and into my beardie's cage. Of course he ate him because he loves bugs, but I'm really concerned that this type of bug is bad for him as you are not supposed to feed them bugs from outside. He keeps puffing out his beard a little bit but aside from that he seems fine so far.
Can anyone tell me if they've had their beardie eat this kind of bug before????
I hope he's alright...

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, this it the big that he ate:
http://www.pbase.com/paularino/image/69071851

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you...

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
i'm not sure if there is anything wrong with them. just as long as it hasn't been into any pesticides, it'll probably be fine. just keep your eye on him for the next few days to make sure he doesn't start acting weird or anything. i did have an interesting thought though. your dragon probably thought he was in heaven - greens that move around!

alk263

Original Poster
Haha I know! That's why he devoured it in seconds. He continued to run around his tank in search of wild food for a while after that. I think it excited him.
Good news though, shortly after he started running around, he pooped the bug out almost entirely whole. So I think he's okay. I'll keep an eye on him though!
Thanks!

Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom