Beardie ate a Spider

Beardie name(s)
LJ
Hello, I took my bearded dragon on a blanket on the roof to play. (It’s enclosed, we live in Brooklyn so there’s not many other places for him to be active) and he ate a spider.
I tried to pull it out of his mouth but it was already gone. I’m really scared it was infected of venomous. The vet said just to monitor him for now but does anyone have any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I took my bearded dragon on a blanket on the roof to play. (It’s enclosed, we live in Brooklyn so there’s not many other places for him to be active) and he ate a spider.
I tried to pull it out of his mouth but it was already gone. I’m really scared it was infected of venomous. The vet said just to monitor him for now but does anyone have any suggestions?
Its best to have activated charcoal on hand for things like this - watch for black bearding that is a sign of distress -- any other abnormal behavior from him -- if he didnt black beard right away I would say your good

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Even if it was venomous, it would have to had bit him to hurt him. Once it hits his stomach the acid will very likely take care of it. But like Karrieree said, if your worried you can give just a little activated charcoal. Be careful not to give to much though.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom