Beardie activity level

Status
Not open for further replies.

koco46

Phoenix is our first beardie,he is 6-7 months old,we have had him for a little over 3 weeks now.

I am wondering how active the average healthy beardie is,I read posts of people's beardie's running and climbing all over the place.

Phoenix spends most of the day moving to various basking spots in his 40g tank,he doesn't spend much time on the floor of the tank at all.

His original owner kept him on red calcisand,but we dumped that out right away and put tiles on the tank floor,he possibly doesn't care for the tiles.We have been giving him some "floor time" in the kitchen,he is more active then and likes to look out a window that runs down to the floor.

As soon as I get his dubia tub out that I keep below his tank,he goes from 0-100 in a half a second....

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i think it depends on the beardies.

Mr. Dargon just sits in his viv staring out the window, but when i take him out he runs everywhere.

Tasty Treat is quite content just sitting on her log basking all day, and jumping in and out of her box. when i take her out she mostly just sits there, until she notices the cricket cage then bolts after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom