Beardie active and peeing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Ok so i got a question. I've had my beardie just over 4 years since a baby and the past week or so, she has been REALLY active and dropping little dollops of urate a few times a day. She also has been dropping a little poop every day. She hasnt eaten in probably 5 days or so since she has been non stop active. Her poops and pee look fine and dont smell, just she usually drops a huge poop and pee in her little bathtub once a week.

I changed out her Zoo Med T5 10.0 HO UVB tube and also gave her a new heat lamp.

She is overweight. At her last vet visit, she was weighed in at around 680 grams.

But anyways, anyone have an idea what might be going on? Like i said, she is alert and very actve but not eating and dropping a little droplet of urate a few times a day and a little poop once a day. Here she is sitting on her blankets. The stuff on her mouth is just shed getting ready to come off.
35119799281_56fff38cf7_h.jpg

34440446383_e830bb10f1_h.jpg

34862529280_a2567dea48_h.jpg

Oh and also her temps are about 102F under her heat lamp and about 80F on the cool side.

Mechling

Has she previously laid any eggs in the past? I know some beardies pooping habits change when they are about to have eggs.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nope, she's never laid eggs before. I felt her stomach to see if i could feel eggs and i didnt feel anything.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok so with a lay box, I'm assuming its not something you put the regular cage like a hide? I mean from it saying 50-60 qts, I'm guessing i put the whole sand box inside her cage half under the heat lamp? Then just leave her in it for a couple days?

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok well now I'm worried as I've never had to deal with this before. So in the morning, i will hit up Lowes for the play sand and i got a 66 qt Sterilite bin. I'll put her heat lamp over it on half of it. Then i just put her in it and leave her in there for a couple days?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, I've used plain sand [ children's playsand ] or a sand/topsoil mix. Add enough water so it holds it's shape if pressed together. Pack it higher on one side of the box and start a tunnel/cave by hand for her. If the sand collapses you can add an upside down shoebox with one end cut out to act as the " cave " , pack some sand in to it and start the hole by hand there and the shoebox [ or other similar sturdy box ] will help to keep the cave from collapsing. Put her in there for a couple hours at a time until you see that she's really digging a nice hole. If she digs a lot for yours with no success, take her out to give her a break and a drink , then put her back after another hour or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom