Beardie acting strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Hi, me again... For the past few weeks, my beardie has been acting strange. She hasn't been eating a lot, sleeping a lot, wanting out of her tank A LOT/glass surfing, and not basking that much. For the most part, if she isn't glass surfing, she'll be sleeping. She'll only bask for a little bit before continuing glass surfing or sleeping. I let her out a lot, but it's not like I can have her out 24/7. When she glass surfs, she gets really stressed, dark beard, stress marks on stomach etc. I feed her vegetables, crickets, and superworms. She hasn't been eating the veggies, or at least not a lot, and just throwing them around in her tank. Before, if I offered her superworms, she'd eat a lot, but now it's only a few, and she isn't really interested in crickets anymore. She's had water, gone to the bathroom, so i'm not sure what the problem could be. I've also noticed her making a wheezing sound from time to time. It'll only last a couple of seconds usually if i'm picking her up/ putting her down, or after she has had something to eat or drink. I also dust her crickets with calcium made for them.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how old is she and do you have pics of her ? Are you sure she's actually a female ? She might be carrying eggs. That can cause a lot of restlessness and loss of appetite. It's important to set up a laying bin if she's egg laying age [ usually at least 10 months old ] because this is the time of year.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is around a year old, and during her vet visit a few months back for a respiratory infection, the vet said that she was a female.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's at the age , so set her up a laybox in case she needs to lay. A medium sise plastic tote [ size about 2 ft. long, 14" wide + 2 ft. high] put about 10" of sand in [ or sand + plain topsoil ] , add water to make it damp throughout but not wet. Pile some up on one side and start a hole for her to dig a cave. They usually will start digging if they need to lay.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks very healthy , robust and could be carrying eggs....it's not for sure, but get her box set up so she doesn't get real stressed if she IS carrying eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom