Beardie acting different

J0sie

Hi everyone,

So over the last couple days my beardies behaviour has changed. Shes still eating/pooping etc ok so im not concerned but is digging in the corner alot. Plus doing this strange thing where her head is going down then all 4 legs move backwards and forwards really fast. Its not like the digging shes been doing. Its almost like a bum wiggle too. Just trying to work out what is going on. We think we have a girl but still not 100% sure. Really appreciate any advice anyone has 😊

J0sie

Original Poster
She is a year old. She is constantly digging atm which is really unusual for her. Shes normally content in her viv. We get her out around the house and have had her in the garden occasionally. Just trying to work out the most likely reason for the sudden change in behaviour 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230626_190152_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_190152_Gallery.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20230626_190138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230626_190138_Gallery.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20230625_184645.jpg
    20230625_184645.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 65

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She is a year old. She is constantly digging atm which is really unusual for her. Shes normally content in her viv. We get her out around the house and have had her in the garden occasionally. Just trying to work out the most likely reason for the sudden change in behaviour 🤔
Sounds like shes gravid please offer her a lay box
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Here is how to sex a beardie.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 58

J0sie

Original Poster
Sounds like shes gravid please offer her a lay box
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to have standing water.
Thank you 😊 I think you are right. Will be making a laybox for her asap. Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it 😊

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom