Bearded is sick

Red182

Beardie name(s)
Red
My bearded dragon has had a problem for a couple months and is lethargic, losing weight, isn’t eating, and is not pooping I just got liquid calcium for him and I also put another UVB light in there but he seems to wanna be on the cool side instead of the hot side

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon has had a problem for a couple months and is lethargic, losing weight, isn’t eating, and is not pooping I just got liquid calcium for him and I also put another UVB light in there but he seems to wanna be on the cool side instead of the hot side
Please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them-- NO stickons please -- UVB brand and bulb and placement of it-- NO coils please

Red182

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Red
Please go over the surface basking temps and how your getting them-- NO stickons please -- UVB brand and bulb and placement of it-- NO coils please
The warm side is 98 degrees and it is a digital thermometer the uvb is AIICIOO UVB10.0 and it is 20 inches above him a little above the heat lamp

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The warm side is 98 degrees and it is a digital thermometer the uvb is AIICIOO UVB10.0 and it is 20 inches above him a little above the heat lamp
Ok the uvb is not of good quality - I am going to post 3 good uvb's -
24" fixture for a 40 + gallon
Zoo med comes w/ a 5.0 but you need a reptisun 10.0 T 5 I will post a link as well Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb or this one can be found at PetSmart as well you want the 12% 24 watt bulb Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood or this one you will need to change the bulb out to the reptisun posted above you want the 24" or 2 ft fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
Please post back on here when you get the uvb distance and placement depends on the screen

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am not familiar with the UVB light brand so as Karrie suggested, one of the brands either the Reptisun
10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tubes. The UVB exposure is crucial for their health & helps with
absorption of the calcium & other vitamins & minerals, too.
Which liquid calcium do you have? How old is your dragon?

Tracie

Red182

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Red
Hello,

I am not familiar with the UVB light brand so as Karrie suggested, one of the brands either the Reptisun
10 T5 or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tubes. The UVB exposure is crucial for their health & helps with
absorption of the calcium & other vitamins & minerals, too.
Which liquid calcium do you have? How old is your dragon?

Tracie
Flukers liquid calcium and he’s about 8 months old

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom