Bearded dragons stool has a lot of water in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevzLight

My bearded dragon is around 3 months old, and I've kinda noticed that his poop looks very normal, but there's a pool of water around it. There is also urate, which I know is normal. Is the pool of water normal? I keep him very hydrated, he gets a bath like every other day, and gets misted daily! Temps are normal as well. I'm just not sure if that's normal. I do not have a picture, but it looks like normal stool with a puddle of water around it. (I can't get a picture because it already dried up)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's pretty normal. It indicates good hydration. Nothing to worry about, especially if there is a nice white urate and good formation.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
I'm on my first dragon and I've only had him for 3 months, so I am by no means an expert. Mine has a pool of water around his stool basically every day (that he goes in his tank, a lot of times he goes in the bath). I rinse his salad before I give it to him, and I bathe him (just until he poops) about 4-5 times a week, so I *think* he's just well-hydrated - and yours probably is too!

SevzLight

Original Poster
Thanks! Yeah I figured the same but wanted to make sure! Also, your dragon looks so much like mine, except mine has yet to shed completely like yours :O. He finally shed his tail and head, now his body needs to shed again. Time to get the shed ease out!

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like he's just well hydrated.

FYI - if you're giving him plenty of baths (Good for you!), there's really
no reason to mist him.

Misting doesn't really do much for Beardies. Their skins are rather waterproof,
they won't get much moisture from it, and they really don't need the extra humidity.

You certainly can continue misting if you want to, but just keeping him well hydrated with baths is usually more than sufficient for both health and shedding purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom