Bearded dragon won't move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jess4433

Original Poster
Okay, I just got him out of the tub, he is doing much better already after that soak, I didn't let the water get cold also, I would drain and refill it again every 10 minutes. I moved his light down lower while he was soaking and the basking spot says 104 degrees now. I removed the water bowl because the humidity was 20 in the tank. My neighbor had some romaine lettuce, is that okay to give him for now? I also still have his freeze dried crickets in the tank until I get the crickets I just ordered online. They will be here tomorrow. I've never kept crickets like that, but I do have a smaller tank, and egg cartons I can put into it, what can I gut load them with?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Reptile carpet needs to be washed pretty often. Honestly I would just use paper towels or get slate tiles when you can - much easier to clean in the long run. Glad you got the basking spot hot enough :blob5: You can gutload the crickets with potato, left over veggies from your beardie, or cricket diet from the pet store. Use either a sponge or paper towels soaked in water for a water source, at least until you can get water crystals. It might be worthwhile to think about doing a dubia roach colony eventually, too, but I would wait until he is healthy and stable before making that investment if you choose to go that way. As for romaine - it is really not very nutritious, but won't hurt him. It may give him diarrhea because it has so much water content. He will need better greens as soon as you're able, though, which I linked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom