Bearded Dragon won't eat live crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just got him about 2 days ago. He's pretty active moves around during the day, eats his greens, and is starting to eat from my hands which is good, just nothing other than mealworms. I am trying to wean him off but he's not eating anything live. went to petco and got him some crickets, and poured them in there they are already gutloaded, and he's just sleeping letting them crawl all over the tank ( it is 9:55 pm). what should I do?

cybercat

If you got him 2 days ago he is still settling in and will not eat much. Get crickets out of his cage. Never leave them in overnight. many feed their dragon in a seprate container so all they have to do is remove the dragon not the crickets.

How old is dragon? What is your setup for him? Temps for basking spot and cool side needed also.

tripleh3lix

Original Poster
cybercat":1cq655tg said:
If you got him 2 days ago he is still settling in and will not eat much. Get crickets out of his cage. Never leave them in overnight. many feed their dragon in a seprate container so all they have to do is remove the dragon not the crickets.

How old is dragon? What is your setup for him? Temps for basking spot and cool side needed also.
Setup 40 gal feeder, got a rock to pearch on when he wants to cool down, got him a few days ago so spent a bunch of money on him so far. big water dish with stairs he climbs and drinks out of everyday, got a green bowl where i also put his freeze dried stuff in there he may eat. i also give him mealworms for a snack because he won't eat anything else, but he'll eat those. need to get him a piece of tree branch or something so he can climb. He's 5 months (shedding), the temps are 106-108. Cooling side is around 83-89 depending on the day.
He WILL go after the greens like he's a warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom