Bearded dragon weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I want to say I am new to this site posting, I’ve read a lot and got great information. Me and my bearded dragon kiwi really appreciate it. Kiwi is 3 months old or so and is almost 10 in in length tip of tail to snout. He has been doing good eating normally and is very active but I’ve notice it seems like his tummy has gotten smaller. And often times when he flattens out I can see his ribs from the side. It feels like his tummy used to be bigger, I did recently switch to a smaller less meaty cricket size because I was worried he would end up having a problem with them. I fear tho that that may have caused his belly to shrink. His normal diet is a veggie drink in the morning (because he won’t eat normal veggies) 20-30 kinda medium sized cricket not big but not super small, also the occasional wax worm or two because he doesn’t like those. I have ordered 3/4 in banded crickets which was similar to the size he seemed to do the best with.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to get him on salads-- please visit the feeding board and look for topic nutrition website post- he needs salads now - every morning- order some BSFL also known as nutri grubs calci worms and Phoenix worms- order large do not dust-- feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder--- add them to his salad in front of him the movement will get his attention- you can also order some medium superworms use 3 added to his salad in front of him-- you will need a glass or ceramic bowl that insects cannot get out of- let him eat from the bowl for like a hour or so to add his staple feeder-- dubias roaches work good - here is a website for the worms and insects www.reptilesplus.com www.dubiaroaches.com-
www.reptilianarts.com great place for silk worms- another good staple feeder--- if you order in bulk like 50 make sure you get food too you will need to feed them and clean out the container s daily- you can use them to lure to the bowl-- they do come small-
Karrie

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Hi thank you for the feedback I have tried to entice him with wax worms and calciworms but he seems to only be very interested in Crickets and super worms and I have tried to entice him into the salad by putting it on them but he is very sneaky and finds a way around it. The only way I have been able to get him to eat any veggies is through his veggie drink (is that not good for him). And side note he has only recently been like this since I tried switching to smaller cricket. I would love to share a photo of him but I don’t know how to.-Kiwis owner

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes the supers are fine in white state- the have shedded their skin- sneeky little bugger-- how is he eating the veggie drink and what is it? Is it something your blending?
Karrie

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Yes I take everything I would normally put in his salad and blend it with some water he drinks it happily when I drip it on his snout through a syringe, it’s his first meal in the morning. It contains collard greens, red bell peppers, yellow squash, carrot(his favorite), and strawberry for sweetness. All that gets blended into sort of a drink. And do you think smaller crickets may be due to his weight loss because he seemed happy and weighed good with the larger crickets.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The smaller crickets will just mean he will eat more of them - the medium crickets he will fill up faster- how many is he eating? That's great he's drinking his veggies- so he is also staying hydrated as well-- get a weight on him-- weigh on a kitchen food scale and weigh in grams-- also measure him - keep.a weight on him - take a pic of him and post it so we can see him
Karrie

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
First if u could explain how to post I would be so grateful. I think he lost weight when I put him on small crickets but I will put him back on larger ones because he seems to do the best on those. His length is 10” from tip tail to snout, and I will see if I can find a Kitchen scale for him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He looks good- he should be eating medium size-- the thermometer in the tank your using for ambient temps only correct? You need a digital probe thermometer to get accurate basking temps
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom