Bearded dragon very lethargic, not eating and pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my ~7 month old bearded dragon is always hiding in his hide, he doesn't eat and he poops around 1 times a week, he's been like this for around 2 weeks, he's eaten a few times this week but idk whats wrong. His basking is 107f measured by a digital thermometer, uvb is reptisun 10.0 fluorescent light, his cool side is 75f and his warm side is 85f. What's wrong?

TheMailSquirrel

Original Poster
Mysty":1owdi5sy said:
Maybe get a feacal done? Could have parasites causing lack of appetite.

How could he get parasites? I haven't brought him outside. I've inly been goving him crickets from my petstore.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How has the weather been? Sometimes poor weather or fronts moving through can cause them to bunker down a bit. How long do you have his lights on during the day?

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
To answer your question about parasites--they have them living within them naturally, much like we have good bacteria within our gut. However, if lighting, heat, or supplementation is off in any way, the amount of parasites in their bellies can increase. They can also get them from feeder insects. I agree with Mysty that you should get a sample of his poo and meet with a good reptile veterinarian.

TheMailSquirrel

Original Poster
YoursTruly":1kxpmu3g said:
To answer your question about parasites--they have them living within them naturally, much like we have good bacteria within our gut. However, if lighting, heat, or supplementation is off in any way, the amount of parasites in their bellies can increase. They can also get them from feeder insects. I agree with Mysty that you should get a sample of his poo and meet with a good reptile veterinarian.

I will thank you.

TheMailSquirrel

Original Poster
CooperDragon":zilircji said:
How has the weather been? Sometimes poor weather or fronts moving through can cause them to bunker down a bit. How long do you have his lights on during the day?
It's been sunny for the past few weeks with an exemption woth a few rainy days, his light are on from 7 am to 8 pm

TheMailSquirrel

Original Poster
YoursTruly":3hc5ftqa said:

Thank you I will.

TheMailSquirrel

Original Poster
YoursTruly":1hjw0iki said:
Anytime! Keep us updated on his condition :D
I took him out of his enclosure for like an hour he was running around exploring and he pooped on me then he ate 10 crickets, now he's in his hut again. Could he be bored?

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
TheMailSquirrel":1bslvk1x said:
YoursTruly":1bslvk1x said:
I took him out of his enclosure for like an hour he was running around exploring and he pooped on me then he ate 10 crickets, now he's in his hut again. Could he be bored?
i think he was bored, i don't blame them being a tank for to long :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
TheMailSquirrel":l841lccs said:
CooperDragon":l841lccs said:
It's been sunny for the past few weeks with an exemption woth a few rainy days, his light are on from 7 am to 8 pm

What season is it where you live (spring ? or autumn ?) ?

13 hrs is way too short , I recommend nudging this up 2 - 3 hours per day.

Can you tell us what his UV source is and how old it is ?
ie
is it a compact (brand ? wattage and %UVB and how is it mounted and how far from his basking spot) ?
is it a tube (T8 or T5 ? %UVB and brand ? how is mounted and how from his basking spot)?
Is the UV source sitting ontop of a mesh lid ?
is it a MVB , and is it sitting on top of a mesh lid ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
BeardieLover232":1vna8p7d said:
TheMailSquirrel":1vna8p7d said:
YoursTruly":1vna8p7d said:
i think he was bored, i don't blame them being a tank for to long :)

I agree .... they do get bored, all mine demand time out and they all demand their mummy and daddy snuggles too.

When I had 6 lizards ( 3 skinks (Wriggles, George & Mildred) + 3 beardies (Rex , Peppa and Toothless) I was spread pretty thin (snuggles wise....always in demand (by the lizards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom