Bearded Dragon Unboxing: Diamond Den Reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
They're all VERY pretty. You must have a lot of room to house the little guys! I wish the best for you and your new babies. I love the bright orange of the second bigger one you got in the bag. Did you name any of them? Good luck! They're awesome!

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sly":4723n4ko said:
Wow very neat:) makes me feel alot better about ordering a lil guy! Great vid!

Yeah the shipping process really isn't that bad. You assume your breeder drops them off at 4/5PM and you have them the next day by 10am. You saw how my guys popped out ready to run around lol.

PumpkinJelly":4723n4ko said:
They're all VERY pretty. You must have a lot of room to house the little guys! I wish the best for you and your new babies. I love the bright orange of the second bigger one you got in the bag. Did you name any of them? Good luck! They're awesome!

Thanks a bunch! I was originally building 2 4'x4'x2' vivs (each split in half to house 4) that I was going to split but then those dimensions just didn't sit well with where I wanted to put the guys. I have a perfect corner i my office (actually right where that table I used in this video is sitting that would perfectly fit the typical 4X2X2 setup. Got to to thinkin and figured an 8' tall setup (all 4 stacked) would be far too high so I changed them to 18" tall which is MORE than enough and wound up with a setup that is roughly 6f tall.. I'll have more info on them sometime next week after they are completed.

All you really need is a little corner that can house a 4X2ft foot print. The fact I have a large dubia colony is the main reason I can do this. with out them I'd be SOL. I can dump a thousand in bucket, dust them with vit or cal and then dump them into my feeder bin and just let the guys go crazy with out having to really worry about running out. I hope being able to do that will allow them all to grow big and strong.

As far as the beardies go, I think you are referring to my orange hypo boy. He is really pretty and has an orange creme coloring with purple blue and yellow rainbowed into his sidebar and markings and darker orange high lights. He's gorgeous. He's gunna be a big boy because he eats more than everyone else combined. He came here the second biggest and as of right now he's about the same size as the citrus he was packaged with lol.

The only 2 that are named are the citrus whos is Bowser due to his size and the way he is always trying to get into somethin and then the littlest one coincidentally is Toad because of how he sits all the time, the fact he licks everything and dude to being a silkie he has a unique look. The rest are known for now but we let them earn their names lol. :lol:

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Really? That's a huge viv! Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see it! I think I understood this right... all the vivs are stacked & it's about 6 feet tall, right? That's pretty tall!

Bowser lol. That's the perfect name for a big beardie boy :D

I really like the name Toad. I think I know what you mean by the way he sits. Fiz sits in a toad-ish way. lol. I really do like that name, though.

Do you feed them all together at the same time in the bin? There such beautiful babies you might want to be careful, sometimes they accidentally bite each other when they're going for their food. I'm only saying this because a friend of mine fed her two little ones together and one accidentally bit it's tail and now it has a tail nip. But you seem like a great owner I think you have everything under control :D

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
PumpkinJelly":14v1n1z5 said:
Really? That's a huge viv! Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see it! I think I understood this right... all the vivs are stacked & it's about 6 feet tall, right? That's pretty tall!

Bowser lol. That's the perfect name for a big beardie boy :D

I really like the name Toad. I think I know what you mean by the way he sits. Fiz sits in a toad-ish way. lol. I really do like that name, though.

Do you feed them all together at the same time in the bin? There such beautiful babies you might want to be careful, sometimes they accidentally bite each other when they're going for their food. I'm only saying this because a friend of mine fed her two little ones together and one accidentally bit it's tail and now it has a tail nip. But you seem like a great owner I think you have everything under control :D

Yeah the name Bowser fits perfect now that he is still green but once he sheds to yellow I might have to explain it more lol. As far as feeding them together, no they get fed separately. They all have their own spots and I keep them all apart mostly. The 2 bigger guys are the only ones who ever come in contact with each other.

Bowser is the biggest right along side with the orange hypo male then after that is the orange trans boy then the girl and the silkie is TINY so they all are different sizes so they have be to be separate anyways.Thanks for the heads up though and thanks for the compliments. I did my research but I'm still learning so no surprise if something catches me off guard haha. I'll stay on my toes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom