Bearded dragon turned white (Head only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unetruite

Hi

I bought my bearded dragon around two months ago and was seem to not have any problem. About five days ago, it changed its skin to another one. His head was completely normal until 2 days ago, the head is turning completely white and only his head.

What's happening to him? Is it normal?

Thank you

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, most likely he is getting ready to shed his head. They don't always shed their entire bodies, sometimes they do, but often they will only shed their legs, or one leg, or their tail, or their tail and their head, or just their head, it can be any combination of places. And the way you can tell that they are going to be shedding a certain area or areas is that those areas will usually turn either a very light gray color or a white color first, usually about a week or so before the actual shedding will start. And depending on their natural colors, sometimes a certain area might turn kind of a muted shade of the color it always is, or it can even at times turn a darker shade of the color it always is, usually that's the tail, it will turn a darker shade of it's natural color a week or so before the shed starts (not black, but a darker shade of the color it is). So this is completely normal and you'll see him doing it often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom