Bearded dragon tail issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a baby beardie and soon noticed the tip of her tail was black. A couple days later it fell off and now it looks like little cricket bit her when I picked her up from the people who were baby sitting her the end also looks a bit grey! I don't want her to loose her tail or any more of it help!

88303-9844893189.jpg

dragonlover04

Original Poster
I also gave her a bath with a couple drops of proviodine solution and put baby lotion with shea and coco butter on where it looks not so great

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
You should put some raw unpasteurized honey on it (health foods store) it has natural properties to fight infection. I have not dealt with this type of injury but I know raw unpasteurized honey has been suggested many times, I don't know if it should be bandaged with it on so hopefully someone else can answer that. If it even looks infected you need to get to a vet. Personally I would take them there. Out of all the feeders, crickets will nibble on your little one. Take care not to leave them in the enclosure over night they will try to eat her.

dragonlover04

Original Poster
kyleena29":3hpev60c said:
You should put some raw unpasteurized honey on it (health foods store) it has natural properties to fight infection. I have not dealt with this type of injury but I know raw unpasteurized honey has been suggested many times, I don't know if it should be bandaged with it on so hopefully someone else can answer that. If it even looks infected you need to get to a vet. Personally I would take them there. Out of all the feeders, crickets will nibble on your little one. Take care not to leave them in the enclosure over night they will try to eat her.

I just got her like that, I also take out any crickets after 15-20 minutes ill also try and get the honey its looking better though a little bit of redness but its getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom