Bearded dragon started acting strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

KXClavejo

a few minutes ago, my 6 month old bearded dragon started running everywhere in its tank. i thought it wanted to go out, so i tried to pick it up but it avoided my hand and when i pet its back a few times, it opened its mouth a little and i heard this faint wheezing sound. i thought it was hungry and placed a some crickets in the tank, but it just ignored them. right now, its just staying in one corner of the tank instead of on the log like usual. is it stressed? this hasnt happened before and im concerned

ashen

The faint wheezing sound could be it being angry. I know my beardie hates baths and flares his beard for a split second and makes some sort of hissing/quick exhale. Oor it could be a medical issue but I doubt it unless your dragon does it frequently.

But actually, this is happening with my beardie too! He's been wondering around on the floor, occasionally attempting to dig in the ceramic tiles and stood in the back corner away from his lights facing the wall. When I checked he had veeeerry faint stress marks but he's usually grouchy about something anyway so I don't think it's caused by stress.

At the moment he's on medication so that could be an underlying factor. I wish I was experienced enough to tell you, but I'm very interested to know what the cause is. My dragon is also around 6months closer to 7 and he's never done this before, even on his previous treatment.

Hope we find an answer!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he may have been stressed out by something. It could have been caused by something outside the tank or perhaps even seeing a reflection the wrong way. I wouldn't worry too much if it only happens once in a while. If it happens regularly then it may be helpful to put up a background on 3 sides of the tank to help him feel more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom