Bearded dragon spending a lot of time in his hide

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my ~6 month old bearded dragon who is ~15" is spending a lot of times in his hide, he goes out to bask for a bit, eats then goes in his hide the rest of the day. I've had him since November, and in his big enclosure since January. I supplement his food with vitamim d3 and calcium and viam powder 2 feedings a week. I have a 24" fluorescent tube reptisun 10.0, his basking is ~ 113f and his cool sode ~75f. He eats mostly crickets and some greens. I don't know why he's acting like this.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
TheMailSquirrel":2csdrvv5 said:
So my ~6 month old bearded dragon who is ~15" is spending a lot of times in his hide, he goes out to bask for a bit, eats then goes in his hide the rest of the day. I've had him since November, and in his big enclosure since January. I supplement his food with vitamim d3 and calcium and viam powder 2 feedings a week. I have a 24" fluorescent tube reptisun 10.0, his basking is ~ 113f and his cool sode ~75f. He eats mostly crickets and some greens. I don't know why he's acting like this.
Maybe the basking spot is too warm for him, can you lower it or raise the globe, to back off the temperature there by about 10F .... this may encourage him to bask longer and be out his hide longer.

TheMailSquirrel

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1lwq18ri said:
TheMailSquirrel":1lwq18ri said:
Maybe the basking spot is too warm for him, can you lower it or raise the globe, to back off the temperature there by about 10F .... this may encourage him to bask longer and be out his hide longer.
He would usually just sit next to the light beam which is at 108f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom