Bearded dragon sex?

BrianR383

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chicken Wing
I believe our beardie is about 3 months old, approximately 10" from nose to tip of tail, weighs 58 grams. I don't see any hemipenes, couldn't see anything with a flashlight either, but I think I see some femoral pores? Curious what people here think. I believe chicken wing is female, or is it too soon to tell?
1000001020.jpg
1000001021.jpg
1000001023.jpg
1000001024.jpg
1000001025.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I believe our beardie is about 3 months old, approximately 10" from nose to tip of tail, weighs 58 grams. I don't see any hemipenes, couldn't see anything with a flashlight either, but I think I see some femoral pores? Curious what people here think. I believe chicken wing is female, or is it too soon to tell?
View attachment 83733 View attachment 83734 View attachment 83735 View attachment 83736 View attachment 83737
Not sure -- we can see if AHBD can help w/ this
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that from these pics chicken appears to be female. The stress markings can sometimes hide a slight bulge so check back again in a month or 2 but for now I'd say female.

BrianR383

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chicken Wing
I agree that from these pics chicken appears to be female. The stress markings can sometimes hide a slight bulge so check back again in a month or 2 but for nowh I'd sacv55y female.
Thank for your input. The stress marking are because chicken wing got annoyed from all the messing around with pictures, a flashlight, etc. I tried to get a picture of the flashlight through the tail, but I need a third hand lol. I definitely didn't see any hemipenes there, what really confused me is what looks like the femoral pores, here's a bit more zoomed in picture of that.

Attachments

• 20230907_183101.jpg
    20230907_183101.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 59

BrianR383

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Chicken Wing
Females have femoral pores too, just smaller than males. :)
Which I read, but finding a picture of them on females proved somewhat difficult through Google. I have a lot of experience with chameleons and fish, kind of a novice still when it comes to beardies. Thanks again, I'll check again in a month or 2 and see if it's easier to tell.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom