Bearded Dragon Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silenttempetz

So I got a new baby Bearded Dragon thinking it'd be as easy to take care of as a hamster (apparently not). So I've been researching and have a few questions. I was wondering if anyone could help answer them for me:

I got a Zilla 12hx12wx30l kit that came with all three special lights (the third being some black light) I was wondering how long do I keep the lighting on for? My room does get down to the low 60's at night, should I keep lights on because of that?

I got some Zilla "Bearded Dragon Food", does this cover not having to feed Crickets or Kale if my Beardie eats it?

I left the lights on last night and his tail seems to be shedding this morning, that's normal right?

How often/many crickets should I feed my Beardie?

Thanks for the time

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
dragons do not need light at night, it bothers them, they are like us and need darkness. Is the bulb you have UVB?? Lights should be kept on for roughly 10-12 hrs during the winter. During the spring and summer months the lighting times should be increased to 14 hours on and 10 hours off. I hope this answers some of your questions. If temps stay around lower 60's you should not have to get an additional heat source. Most of us use something called a ceramic heat emitter which does not produce any light.

Silenttempetz

Original Poster
Yes sir, one of the bulbs says its a 50w UVB Desert light or something like that. I think its the one he likes to be under the most.

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
zilla products, especially lights have not always been proven to be so great. I would suggest switching to a reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb. What size is your tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom