bearded dragon possible cancer

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hello Selkie,

Yeah, he most likely isn't trying to brumate. He is probably just tired. How is Drogon doing today?
The weather definitely affects their moods & activity levels for sure. As long as he doesn't get too
cool overnight, those temperatures should be fine.
Did you get the Adeno test back yet?

Talk to you soon,
Tracie
Droggie is currently sleeping ATM :3 cute little grumpy man lol <3
It's been a week, so I'm sure I will get those results today. If not I'll call the vet!

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Droggie is currently sleeping ATM :3 cute little grumpy man lol <3
It's been a week, so I'm sure I will get those results today. If not I'll call the vet!
@Drache613

Are bearded dragons in pain with adeno? :(

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello Selkie,

Yeah, he most likely isn't trying to brumate. He is probably just tired. How is Drogon doing today?
The weather definitely affects their moods & activity levels for sure. As long as he doesn't get too
cool overnight, those temperatures should be fine.
Did you get the Adeno test back yet?

Talk to you soon,
Tracie
Just got the results and it's negative on adeno. I'm so fkn stressed out idk what to do now. What does this all mean?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Whatever is going on, negative on adv is good news.🙂 adv from them is equivalent to H.I.V. for us but with an added bonus of a neurological component.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Whatever is going on, negative on adv is good news.🙂 adv from them is equivalent to H.I.V. for us but with an added bonus of a neurological component.
I know :( I just wish I had an answer already. She said she might wanna do an ultrasound. What are your thoughts on that?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They are safe enough and none invasive so unless it's crazy expensive it can't hurt anything but may give the vet info to work with. They have done them for me here in vegas a coulpe times for just the price of the office visit.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Selkie,

He was adeno negative, so that is good news right now. What did they say, did they have
any other suggestions regarding the blood counts?
How is he doing today?
An ultrasound should be able to give more answers, as it would show any issues with soft
tissues, etc.
When did they want to schedule an ultrasound for him?

Tracie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hi @xp29 and @Drache613 !!

I've actually made an update post that I believe is critical for every dragon owner. Let me know your thoughts!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think we need more caring people like you 🙂
I read the article and think you did a good job articulating adv. Most people think it's a death sentence but with good husbandry and care it doesn't have to be. I think you can/did give people dealing with hope 🙂

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I think we need more caring people like you 🙂
I read the article and think you did a good job articulating adv. Most people think it's a death sentence but with good husbandry and care it doesn't have to be. I think you can/did give people dealing with hope 🙂
Aww thanks XP!! I love my little baby so much, I would do anything to make sure the rest of his life is comfortable, even it means mixing fresh critical care every day lmao!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's hard to imagine how important they become to us for people that don't keep them, but once you have one it's it seems like the most obvious thing in the world 😉

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Selkie,

You are very sweet & that was a terrific article you put together. Thanks for that & I know your
boy Drogon appreciates all of your love & effort put forth to help him!
I have been trying to educate people on Adeno, for years. Education is definitely key to finding
ways to improve & extend their lives!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom