Bearded dragon pooping a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxie

My female adult beardy has been pooping a small amount every day for the past week, is this normal? Her diet is crickets and lettuce, although she prefers crickets and probably eats them more often then an adult beardy should. Should I take her to the vet or try getting her to eat more greens?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of lettuce/greens are you giving her?
How much food intake does she get, how many insects? As an adult, she probably doesn't
need more than about 40-50 per week, along with a variety of greens, per week.
Has she ever laid infertile eggs?
Is she excreting more urates than normal?

Tracie

Maxie

Original Poster
She eats collard greens, but sometimes I forget to get some from the store and have to resort to iceberg lettuce, which is rare. She's never laid an egg, and she's produced only one urate in the last week. She eats around 20-30 crickets each feeding time and I feed her every other day, the crickets I buy from the pet store are large but they're more medium to small sized

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have a picture of her & your tank setup?
What type/brand of UVB Light are you using for her?
Since she is an adult, she really wont need much more than 40-50 insects weekly, but along
with greens, veggies etc for balance.
She still needs calcium at least 3 times per week, also. If she isn't excreting much in the way
of urates, it sounds like she could be dehydrated. Try getting a plastic dropper & dripping
water or a mix of water & flavored pedialyte onto her nose to see if you can get some fluids
into her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom