Bearded Dragon Pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbro

Hatchling Member
The dehydrated pellet foods, all of them, you are supposed to soak in water first so they do offer hydration. And did you read any of this post, they are going to feed live bugs now they got permission. Pellets do provide the correct nutrition and the correct ratio of vitamins and calcium whereas some people (most actually) overdo it. I don't like giving my dragons only pellets, but one of them thats is all she likes really likes (actually loves them) besides bugs. And before anyone starts harassing me I got my two as adults from a breeder that raised them on the pellets and I didn't want to suddenly change their diet. Most of the top pellet formulas are well researched and made with herp vets. At least I know my girl won't get gout or fatty liver from getting too picky and eating only bugs.

icelore

Juvie Member
Since you didn't direct your question to anyone, I assume you're talking to since I was the last responder.

Yes, I did read the post, the first page of it and some of the second. About what the OP's issue was, how he planned to write letter to his parents, and how he didn't want to hear that a pelleted diet wasn't good enough and wanted specific reasons. And the fact that someone found a dragon that ate only pellets and lived, but then it was stated that they had a normal diet during its formative years. So yeah, I read it.

kbro":21n6yxee said:
Most of the top pellet formulas are well researched and made with herp vets. At least I know my girl won't get gout or fatty liver from getting too picky and eating only bugs.
Really? I was unaware of that. Purina says that it's food is made by top vets too, and look at Puppy Chow. lol And vets all over the US push Science Diet as a great food, but it's not. It's amazing how vets are not required to take animal nutrition courses, isn't it?

kbro":21n6yxee said:
At least I know my girl won't get gout or fatty liver from getting too picky and eating only bugs.
That's nice. I don't think anyone was talking about feeding only bugs though.

kbro

Hatchling Member
I know no one's saying only feed bugs I'm saying they can get very picky. I've in fact had one refuse anything but bugs and had to trick or force him to eat veggies and he grew up eating everything right, he just decided one day, no more veggies. My new boy tried doing that to me too. There are way more than just one that have lived on pellet food. There are many breeders that use and love them, and have very healthy long living dragons.

I'm not saying they are the best thing to feed, but good to incorporate and good for emergencies and certain situations.

I'm sorry I even posted and brought this back up, this person is young and doing their research before getting a dragon. They wanted facts, not for people to be rude and attack them for asking a question, which is very discouraging.

icelore

Juvie Member
kbro":n00c9gx9 said:
I'm sorry I even posted and brought this back up, this person is young and doing their research before getting a dragon. They wanted facts, not for people to be rude and attack them for asking a question, which is very discouraging.
I did provide facts in my response to them, and I didn't attack them. I answered a specific question and gave my opinion. I mean, if you don't agree with me, that's fine, but I didn't attack anyone.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[This member came here asking for help and I noted some rudeness and belittling here which is uncalled for and will not be tolerated. There are nice ways to word things and still get your point across but if you can't word it politely, please don't post at all. It's also not acceptable for another member's thread to be hijacked for your own unfriendly comments.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom