Bearded dragon not eating but very active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheerio

So my bearded dragon is still very active considering it is winter time and usually it means brumation for them. But his enclosure always stay at the right temps of 100-105 on the hot side and 75-80 on the cool. With a high output uv inside the enclosure that runs across the entire enclosure almost and the height of his lights are within a good distance so I am not worried on husbandry. But what I am worried is that he just stopped eating his favorite feeders and greens. I have tried feeding him other favorites but nothing seems to grab his attention. I have resolved to syringe feeding baby food as it has gone on for almost a week of this hunger strike of his. But what puzzles me is that he was pooping fine when I fed him so no constipation and he was super active prior to me syringe feeding him. He would run around re -arrange his home like he usually does and his running back and forth trying to get my attention when I get home to take him out for a bit. But idk why he stopped eating in the first place. Nothing new has been added or changed in his enclosure or food. He has no parasites, I've been to the vet already to confirm. And his Dubias are all organically fed stuff he can also eat and raised by me with correct husbandry. Has anyone encounter this problem with their beardies? Cuz According to the vet he is healthy and if anything well fed and hydrated and he hasn't lost weight but if I don't syringe feed he doesn't eat. I've gone days with just leaving his favorite foods in his home with no luck of him eating it. Not even when I am not home in case he became a shy eater cuz I have a camera that shows Me what he is up to when I am not home.
So if any one has any suggestions or similar experiences I'd appreciate the advice ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My dragons are not eating either -- it is that time of year --- I would suggest you let him do his thing just keep him hydrated and keep track of his weight -- kitchen food scale weigh in grams --- if hes had a vet check and all is good w/ that and the husbandry he will be fine -- there are other dragons on the forum doing the same thing --- they may not be brumating which mine arent but not eating --- my oldest has out itis and is driving me crazy but he does this every year about this time --
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is a very common behavior this time of year. How old is your dragon?
If he is still active but not eating, you can just monitor his weight right now to be sure
he doesn't lose any weight. During brumation, they don't eat much if at all, but are very
sleepy or not wanting to bask as much.
Is his beard normal color or has it been darker lately?

Tracie

Cheerio

Original Poster
Drache613":3a3hpisw said:
Hello,

This is a very common behavior this time of year. How old is your dragon?
If he is still active but not eating, you can just monitor his weight right now to be sure
he doesn't lose any weight. During brumation, they don't eat much if at all, but are very
sleepy or not wanting to bask as much.
Is his beard normal color or has it been darker lately?

Tracie
My dragon is about to be 3 years old. But only is sleeping at night. And some times naps during the day in either his basking spot or cool spot. Sometimes I find his beard is slightly black or black but once I take him out he is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom