Bearded dragon mouth blood/ abscess

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakep

Recently, I have noticed that my bearded dragon has a red swollen lump in his mouth. I was just wondering what this could be? I have researched it and not much I found. Any suggestions or the same problem. It looks kind of like a brain, help
Thanks

parodyofagirl

Hatchling Member
Your bearded dragon needs to see a vet now.

Quincy went through something similar. He jumped off of the couch and landed on his beard. His teeth bit into the back of his mouth and he developed a small area of swelling. Over the next 6-8 weeks it grew until it was protruding from his mouth. We thought he had cancer. A vet had to operate and remove the area of inflamed tissue.

Your bearded dragon needs antibiotics and a vet assessment. Your bearded dragon may need surgery. Do NOT delay treating a bearded dragon with swelling in its mouth. Procrastination can be a death sentence.

jakep

Original Poster
78862-5415625051.jpg
78862-7061157813.jpg
78862-5415625051.jpg
it started as this
78862-9914374905.jpg
, this is the pictures I can take, you can see red (blood?) when is mouth is closed through his lips. He is eating fine and running around his vivarium as normal ? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It might be worth having a biopsy done by an experienced reptile vet to rule out some kind of tumor. It may just be tissue inflammation or some form of stomatitis. In the meantime, I'd try keeping the area clean. Perhaps pick up a bottle of Maxi Guard gel to use as a topical antiseptic and see if that helps http://www.amazon.com/MaxiGuard-Oral-Cleansing-Gel-oz/dp/B000FUOCOA You may also want to try offering some silkworms or some liquid serrapeptase which may help reduce the swelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom