bearded dragon might have parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafoo

ive been reading around and ive read that if there poop is smelly, they could have parasites. my dragons poop always stinks, not so bad that it makes the whole room stink but near her cage it sure does stink. also when she poops some white stuff comes out with it, ive always thought that the white stuff was his pee mixed in there like bird poop but now i dont know. im going to start looking for vets near me to get a fecal exam done but now im really worried and as a newbie owner i dont fully know what to do and if anything happens to this guy, i wont be able to handle getting another pet. i bought this guy from petsmart and he was a juvie and i didnt know much about beardies at the time and the pet store was smart and gave me good advice except im not sure about this dragons health. id really appreciate a fast answer here so i can get to sleep tonight without worrying as im always worried about this guy as hes my first bearded dragon, let alone reptile.

Gail

BD.org Addict
The white part is the pee, its called urates. Poo is going to smell some but it shouldn't be so bad it makes you gag or clears out the room. A fecal is always a good idea though and don't panic if she does have parasites, most are easily treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom