bearded dragon lazy but nothing else is wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so my bearded dragon june is a bit lazy lol, she sits around in her alot and basks only when she needs too. her tank temps are 90-96 f on the basking area and on the cool side its 73-75 f. the humidity always is in the 20s and sometimes 30s. she has a big appetite and theres nothing weird about her except that she makes a weird noise when something bugs her, i looked it up but she doesn't have any other symptoms of a respiratory infection so i never thought much abt it. is there something wrong with her?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
so my bearded dragon june is a bit lazy lol, she sits around in her alot and basks only when she needs too. her tank temps are 90-96 f on the basking area and on the cool side its 73-75 f. the humidity always is in the 20s and sometimes 30s. she has a big appetite and theres nothing weird about her except that she makes a weird noise when something bugs her, i looked it up but she doesn't have any other symptoms of a respiratory infection so i never thought much abt it. is there something wrong with her?
Basking surface temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- and the uvb is a coil or long tube fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the uvb is a long tube, and i take the temps with a temp gun
Ok I would get a Zoo med probe they are the most accurate IR guns cannot read off certain materials- like hammocks- you want surface basking temps-- please tell me brand and bulb for your uvb-- the bulbs have certain distance and placement depending on the screen - how old is the bulb?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I would get a Zoo med probe they are the most accurate IR guns cannot read off certain materials- like hammocks- you want surface basking temps-- please tell me brand and bulb for your uvb-- the bulbs have certain distance and placement depending on the screen - how old is the bulb?
20220413_193417.jpg

ill try to get one of those, and heres the bulb i use got it back in january. i would have gotten a different one but the old one stopped working and i needed a new one fast lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
View attachment 69543
ill try to get one of those, and heres the bulb i use got it back in january. i would have gotten a different one but the old one stopped working and i needed a new one fast lol
Please do not get that bulb or get rid of this if this is what your using-- thrive uvb bulbs are terrible- please get on of these- a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb + they are really good- you can find them on this website www.pangeateptiles.com look under uvb lights- these bulbs expire in one year I recommend replacing one month prior to does the uvb fixture have a reflector?

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Please do not get that bulb or get rid of this if this is what your using-- thrive uvb bulbs are terrible- please get on of these- a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb + they are really good- you can find them on this website www.pangeateptiles.com look under uvb lights- these bulbs expire in one year I recommend replacing one month prior to does the uvb fixture have a reflector?
oh i didn't know that thank you, yes it does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom