Bearded dragon is in pain! Claw fell off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorTheBeardie

Original Poster
Our tank is solarge, 160-70 gallons, that we would only have to put a seperator in between them to effectively seperate them. Also, thank you for the sprain advice.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Ah that's a good start then. You may need need two heating elements of smaller gauge to make sure both sides are comfortably heated. You'd need it to be solid rather than seethrough, but otherwise you're well away.
(And you're very welcome.)

RaptorTheBeardie

Original Poster
We've been planning for it since we bought them and talked to the seller and he gave us a lot of advice on that. Also, we use cleaned and polished birdseed for our substrate. They have never had fecal problems in all 9 months of life, and i know you post a lot more than me. Could you suggest that to anyone that has fecal problems? I wanna help out beardies everywhere in preventing infection. :wink:

RaptorTheBeardie

Original Poster
Yes, if they eat it while hunting they can digest it very easily. Also, it clings to poop, making it easier to clean up and them to not get infected. Ill post a pic of my tank and the seed later tonight. Also, they can grip it and run easily in it.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I've adopted reptiles and even a snake that was kept on birdseed, it definitely did not digest. The poor snake pooed seed for over 2 months.

RaptorTheBeardie

Original Poster
With the dragon keepers post: i guess it comes to personal preferences. My beardies have been on seed since the day they were born and im going to keep it that way. To gails post: bearded dragons are very diffrent from snakes, as they eat many small crickets, whereas snakes eat little amounts of lage animals. The beardies take it in as a cricket and i have never seen birdseed in the poop even when i give them a bath or they poop outside of their cage. Also, they do not take in large amounts of the birdseed, only a few accidentals when they hunt. Thank you for your concern though. I wouldnt want to influence people if it is out of their comfort zone to change their substrate. Sincerely- Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom