Bearded dragon impaction?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggy86

So a few days ago i was feeding spud some strawberries i was puting the cut ones on his plate and i had a cutting board i was cuting them up on and before i could do any thing he
Launched forward and ate a whole half strawberry!

I know it is silly but i am afraid he might be impacted any ideas?

Thanks,
Rachel

Froggy86

Original Poster
Thanks I will try that now!
He actully has always had some bathroom isues he only goes to the bathroom every 4 days even when I bath him it dosen make a difference but I will try!

samchavles

Hatchling Member
Put it in front of him, he'll be curious enough to try it. My beardie licks anything you put in front of him, and if he likes it, he'll devour it. If he doesn't like it, he backs up into the wall like someone just scared the life out of him.

Froggy86

Original Poster
Ok sooo now he has stoped eating :banghead:
I dont know whats wrong ,is it a sign of inpaction or could it be burmation!
I tried the bath and nothing happend !
Need help!

Might sound silly, but try to get him to kick around in the bath. The leg movements do help with pooping. Mine was slightly impacted but as soon as I got him swimming he went. Try bathing him every day until he goes. Olive oil is good too, but if he still won't go after all that maybe a vet visit is in order.

Froggy86

Original Poster
Ok I will try agian with the bath!

He is 4 years old
45 gal tank
100 basking spot
75 cool side
UVB is reptiglo 10.0 compact( I know it is bad my repti sun will be here any day!)
Gets 20 crickets mon,wed,and fri
Greens every morning
Dust crix in calcum with d3
And salad with multivitamin

brittani299

Extreme Poster
It sounds god and you are going to change the UVB soon so I would just do another bath and see what happens. And maybe try to give some more olive oil.

Froggy86

Original Poster
Sooo I gave him a bath and he pooped! :blob5:
Today I also saw he was shedding around the mouth so that explains the not eating!
Thanks for every thing you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom