Bearded dragon hydration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fede59

Hey guys my bearded dragon who is about a foot long and about 4-6 months old barely drinks water. I try to drip it on his nose and nothing, I give him a bath and all he does is try to get out, I spray his greens and he waits for them to dry. I put a water bowl and he doesn't even notice it. What else can I do:(. Please help his eyes are starting to get droopy!!

Rory

Hatchling Member
When you put him in water, have you tried putting a cloth under his feet? My beardie used to flail about like crazy until I gave him something to hold on to, and now he's calmer and soaks quietly.

stangbanger

Hatchling Member
i found a neat trick for getting them to drink....i fill the bath up to the bottom of their neck

then using feeding tongs, i grab a superworm (you can use a cricket since your beardie is too small for supers) and hold it right against the surface of the water....beardie snatches worm, and gets a mouthful of water...they will usually then take a few drinks since their face is already in it

although, with regular baths and daily greens it isnt too necessary for them to take water orally

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I believe the safest way to get your beardie to drink would be to flavor the water a bit with unsweetened juice.
Mine like cranberry. I've heard black cherry works, and apple. I also warm mine up just for a few seconds in the microwave. They don't like it super cold. Keep up with dripping on the nose. Oddly enough, when I get face to face with my crew and smack my lips and stick out my tongue, they usually get the idea and lick. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom