Bearded Dragon hasn't pooped in 4 weeks!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nickj":1uevnsti said:
Do you think he'll need surgery? We already took him to the vet once and they put fluids in him.

If there is a chunk of bark / woodchip in his GIT, it may come to that if it's unlikely he'll ever be able to pass it and clear it by straining to poo.

An xray will tell the vet everything he needs to know about where the blockage is, what it likely is, and how large it is , as well as if it will rupture anything on the way through to the bowel and cloaca. Surgery may be the safest way to get it out , but will come with serious risks too. Very tough call.
Even giving an anima is not without it's risks , I have a friend who had a pet bearded dragon (was Rex and Puff's sibling) who developed a serious impaction ( the vet gave an anima) and sent the dragon home right away , she went home limp , lethargic , gaping for breath , and blackbearding and was dead about 2 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom