Bearded dragon going to sleep early. *help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SevzLight

I came home from work today and noticed that my bearded dragon wasn't under his basking light. His legs were sprawled out, and he looked extremely sluggish. His basking temp was a little too high, it was around 115, and he usually likes it around 105 or so. But he was on the cool side where it settled around 85-90 degreees. I immediately gave him a bath and pet his stomach and see if maybe he was impacted. So nothing came out from him after about 10 minutes, besides him struggling to get out of the bath (normal for him). After I let him out, I placed him back inside the tank. He went under his rock and it looks like he's trying to sleep, which is extremely unusual because he usually goes to bed around 10pm. I get him up at 7am. I'm not sure if he's getting enough sleep, or maybe he's impacted. He also hasn't been able to have veggies for a couple days, but I just bought some today.

I'm thinking it's impaction, but I'm not sure to be honest. I recently switched to childrens washed and sifted play sand, and he seemed to be just fine on it for about two weeks until today. His staple diet is superworms, and that's been his insect staple for about a month now. I dust his worms twice a week, and all of his salads are dusted. His UVB 10.0 tube light is about 12 inches from him at all times. But for now, after i took him out of the bath i put ceramic tiles on top of the sand for now, so he can't lay down on the sand or eat it (which hopefully he's not). I'm kind of worried.... He's around 16 inches long, and weighs 325g.

His eyes don't seem sunken in, and didn't seem lethargic until only today, when his skin looked pretty dry and wrinkly. I'm wondering if it got maybe too hot for him? OR maybe it's just impacted. I know yesterday I let him stroll around in my room for about a half hour, and i fed him a few worms and he just crawled around normally. Maybe he ate something that I didn't catch?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. When was the last time you changed his uvb? Also he needs to be able to get within 6 to 8 inches of it. I would give him water through a dropper or syringe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom