Bearded Dragon From Petsmart.. and now New updated pics too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Aceyourface":1v3qoyab said:
If it's from petsmart it's definitely not a leather back. Plus it doesn't look like one. I am not sure on age because you never know from pet stores. I got mine from Petco and I thought she was younger then she really is. My vet told me reptiles from pet stores like this tend to be smaller because they aren't in proper conditions. As far as Morph I don't know the proper name but my Thor looked very similar when she was young. She had those big orange spots in her pattern. But as she got older her colors became just normal beardie colors.

That guy doesn't look like a Leather but it is very possible to get a leather from petsmart. My little Chomper is one.

BB41532A-8265-4AF3-BDE9-85BF4DFB6157-5118-00000310B02626EC.jpg

I also talked with a guy who bought a silk and a leather from petsmart last year. Silkie didn't make it because he was housed with lots of others and his skin couldn't handle the conditions and he was getting picked on. But his leather is thriving.

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
I guess I was just basing that off the fact that I've never seen a Petsmart in my area sell anything that wasn't just a normal beardie. But I suppose it depends in who does the ordering.

Mariah94

Juvie Member
Aceyourface":4tet1fwl said:
I guess I was just basing that off the fact that I've never seen a Petsmart in my area sell anything that wasn't just a normal beardie. But I suppose it depends in who does the ordering.

The petsmarts in my area have "normal" and "fancy" ones. The fancy ones have a little color that usually fades by adulthood but allows them to sell it for 25 more bucks. Occasionally I've seen leathers (but not yet a silk) in the fancy. I got lucky and found Chomper in the normal section and they had a 30% off sale. So I paid like 20 for this little guy. The workers are dumb and didn't consider him "fancy" because he didn't have any orange but he's a leather and they are usually in the fancy. Depends on the store I suppose

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
I have seen translucent, "Blood" colored, and leather back all sold in the "normal" tank at the Petsmart near my house. This past summer they got wise and listed a "fancy" tank. Since then I have seen what looked like a leucistic.. it was completely white, I have seen lots of leather.. and even one silkback. I think selling silkies at Petsmart is probably a bad idea though. People shouldn't buy a silky unless they know how to care for it.. because the petsmart people surely cant not advise you. I asked specifically if the silky needed special care.. just to see what the petcare manager would say.. she said nope.. just like a regular dragon.

Oh and.. grats on your baby!! As for it being normal or not.. the color range for "normal" is pretty big.. from super light sand colors to icky muddy browns. My baby is a normal but shes tan with bright orange spots and bright orange face. You may have something special that got mistaken for normal.. or you could have a nicely colored normal.. either way thats going to be a nice pattern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom