Bearded Dragon Flipping himself over??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeball318

My Beardie, Eyeball is a yr old. I believe hes in his Burmation stage. Cause he has been showing the signs. I recently had to take all but 2 of his rocks out of his tank. I left his bridge so he can hide under it and sleep and left a flat rock in his cage to bask on when he is out from under the bridge. He has flip himself 3 times in his cage, that is why I had to remove some of his rocks. He doesn't flip himself back over when he does this too. The last 3 times I had found him with his face in the sand and it look like he struggle to get back over since he had the sand in his mouth. My husband found him face down in his water and the the last time he some how flip himself over on the flat rock.

Does anyone know why he is doing this? I've asked 2 people that know about Bearded dragons and neither know what it means. Im calling the vet tomorrow to see if they know.

Fogles

Juvie Member
Eyeball318":22111 said:
My Beardie, Eyeball is a yr old. I believe hes in his Burmation stage. Cause he has been showing the signs. I recently had to take all but 2 of his rocks out of his tank. I left his bridge so he can hide under it and sleep and left a flat rock in his cage to bask on when he is out from under the bridge. He has flip himself 3 times in his cage, that is why I had to remove some of his rocks. He doesn't flip himself back over when he does this too. The last 3 times I had found him with his face in the sand and it look like he struggle to get back over since he had the sand in his mouth. My husband found him face down in his water and the the last time he some how flip himself over on the flat rock.

Does anyone know why he is doing this? I've asked 2 people that know about Bearded dragons and neither know what it means. Im calling the vet tomorrow to see if they know.

he is just flipping over? Have you watched him do it? Is it a violent flip similar to a seizure? Dragons I've seen flip had physiological problems.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is not brumation but most likely either a viral or bacterial infection, or metabolic bone disease.
Can you go over your setup for us? Such as what type & brand of UVB are you using, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How old is it, & how close is it to him?
What type of basking light are you using, is it a bright white light or a colored bulb?
What are the temps in the tank? What do you use to measure the temps, a stick on type of themometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
Do you supplement calcium & if so, how often?
How old is your dragon?
Can he support his bodyweight on all fours, or is he having balance issues?
What types of food do you feed?

Tracie

Eyeball318

Original Poster
I just had a baby on jan 2, so sorry it took so long to reply.

The lighting that i have in his cage is a Repti 50 watt halogen bulb & desert serise 50 T5 fluorescent bulb.

all the lighting is on the side of the cage where (eyeball) likes to hang out.

Hes was eating meal worms and crickets. I was told to switch him to wax worms and phoniex worms cause he was having trouble pooping. still eats the crickets.

he has a bridge that he can climb on and go under for shade. Had 2 other rocks, but took them out when he flip himself over on the one.

Im using the calcium on his worms & crickets every other day or 2.

From what i read about the burmation, he is showing all the signs of it.

As for the flipping I don;t know. I never seen him do it, just always fould him upside down.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I am sorry your beardie is having trouble. I am not familiar with the flipping over but you said your beardie is showing signs of brumation. What signs is he showing? These signs may not be brumation but more symptoms of whatever is wrong with him.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Beardies should not be on their backs so flipping over is a big concern.
I hope Tracie sees you have replied soon so she can help.

BTW, Congratulations on the new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom