Bearded Dragon Flakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, My bearded dragon recently pealed. When I picked her up I noticed small white flakes on my shirt and held her up and pet her beard and a bunch flaked off. The best way I can describe it is flakes like a human gets. I looked very closely and it seems like there is little threads of skin wrapped around each scale. Any ideas on what this is, and is this normal?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Yup thats good old fashioned shedding.
Beardies often shed different parts of their body at a time. So you might notice her legs or tail shedding next.
Do make sure you are not pealing or rubbing any of the loose skin off as you can damage the scales underneath. It will come off in its own time.
It can be an uncomfortable time for your dragon so as SocialBeardedDragon said do offer her a nice warm bath (warm water, not hot, up to her armpits for at least 15minutes).

Holly

EvanTheAtheist

Original Poster
No, That's not what I meant. I know what shedding is lol. After she shed i picked her up and small I mean REALLY small flakes were coming off, Like Dandruff. I looked very closely and around the scales were small thread like things around each scale. Remember these parts already sheded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom